Today I joined a new organization. Its not that I am terrified of speaking in public, its just that I can think of a million and one other things that I would rather do. Being in front of people isn't even what scares me. What I don't like is thinking that I am going to say the wrong thing and make a fool of myself. So, I figured the only way to deal with this one area that I have always felt weak in is just to go out and do it. So I did. My company is starting a Toastmasters club. In this club you work your way through a series of speeches. Its aim is to make you a more effective communicator and leader. So I am either really brave or really stupid. I don't know which one yet. I guess I'll see whenever I start giving speeches. I'm still not sure why I am voluntarily torturing myself. If it helps me advance my career and get me where I want to be, then I guess it will be worth it. We shall see.
http://www.toastmasters.org/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment